Whether you’re a potential homebuyer, a housing counselor, or an organization looking for an affordable housing solution, making your way through all the information about factory-built housing can be a lot. It can be hard to decide where to start. Knowing this, we created our manufactured housing Resource Library to serve as a central location for valuable information, guidance, and tools for homebuyers and professionals seeking more information about factory-built homes and their benefits.
“The Next Step Resource Library brings together various information and tools to teach others about manufactured housing and its benefits,” explains Kelly Fleck, Next Step’s Vice President of Homeownership. “It can also inspire housing professionals to take steps toward advancing factory-built homes as a scalable affordable housing solution.”
Next Step believes that one of the ways we will accomplish our mission of putting sustainable homeownership within reach of everyone is by educating and empowering homebuyers. This helps them confidently purchase a home that will fulfill their housing needs and lead them toward wealth generation.
Here are some of the resources available:
- Our Homebuyer Guide includes everything a potential homebuyer should know, from homeownership benefits to the homebuying journey, and a handy budget worksheet.
- These Top 10 Factory-Built Facts will help make clear what’s true about today’s modern manufactured home.
- After you know what you might spend, homebuyers can use the Down Payment Seeker™ to find programs that provide down payment assistance for your purchase.
Soon, we’ll expand the resources available to include a glossary of frequently used terms homebuyers should know and regular blog posts about topics ranging from securing financing to home maintenance.
Next Step values partnerships with like-minded organizations and companies working hard to elevate factory-built housing as a scalable affordable housing solution. Our professional resources provide guidance and tools to help others deliver more manufactured homes to those who most benefit from them.
- Are you looking for some comprehensive introductory information about leveraging manufactured homes as an affordable housing tool? Start with the Manufactured Housing: Blueprint for Affordability and Community Impact.
- Those looking for shareables to help make their point about the benefits of factory-built housing can find tools like this Factory-Built Homes Cost Comparison.
- TheFactory-Built Housing: A Program Guide for Counseling & Education helps homeownership counselors inform individuals and families about factory-built home options and opportunities.
No matter how you intersect with factory-built housing, Next Step aims to have something in our Resource Library that can benefit you or your work. Check back often to see what’s new, or send us recommendations for resources you’d like to see added to the library.
View all the resources at nextstepus.org/resources.