Our Consulting Services
The Next Step team is dedicated to advancing factory-built homes as a sustainable, affordable homeownership choice in our communities. Our expertise and consulting services can support your organization and bring more resources to your affordable housing and community development efforts.
Housing and Community Development
Factory-built housing offers a point-of-entry to the homeownership market for low- and moderate-income buyers, and provides an innovative solution for communities searching for sustainable, affordable housing opportunities.
Next Step’s staff has decades of experience working in the manufactured housing space, managing development projects and facilitating relationships between industry professionals, municipal leaders and developers. Over the course of an engagement, Next Step staff can provide consulting services under our Manufactured Housing Done Right® model:
- Initial planning and project development.
- Support, provide and conduct presentations to: planning commissions, zoning boards, and housing and community development agencies.
- Site considerations.
- Facilitating and assembling the development team.
- Determining market feasibility.
- Floor plan selection and pricing.
- Project financing plans.
- Construction management.
Housing Counseling and Education
With experience as certified housing counselors, Next Step’s staff can provide train-the-trainer curriculum for counseling clients who want to purchase a factory-built home:
- Assist in integrating factory-built housing into current programs.
- Provide optional on-site manufactured housing training for counseling staff.
- Provide educational webinars that introduce practical tools and resources for use when engaging clients.
- Access to online toolbox including manufactured housing collateral, consumer guide, counselor guide and TotalHome+ Calculator.
- Monthly check-in calls.
- Ongoing support throughout contract period.
101 Education and Curriculum
Factory-built housing is often a misunderstood as an affordable housing option. Our staff can partner with you to educate key internal and external stakeholders for your organization:
- Trainings (webinars and in-person).
- Toolkits/resources on MH 101 (A to Z toolkit or online modules/packages – “how-to” for organizations).
- Strategic coaching specific to factory-built housing as a new line of business.
How Can We Help?
If we can support your organization’s efforts, or you’re interested in becoming a member of our network, fill out the form below and a member of our team will be in touch!