The team at Next Step is committed to promoting sustainable, affordable factory-built homes as a viable option for homeownership within our communities.
We offer consulting services and possess the expertise to support your organization and provide additional resources to your affordable housing and community development initiatives.
Here’s how we can support your work:
Housing & Community Development
Factory-built housing serves as an entry point for low- and moderate-income homebuyers to the real estate market. It also presents an innovative and sustainable solution for communities seeking affordable housing options.
Next Step has a team of experts with decades of experience in the manufactured housing industry. Our team can manage development projects, and establish connections between industry professionals, municipal leaders, and developers.
Throughout our engagement, we provide consulting services under our proven Manufactured Housing Done Right® model. Services include:
- Initial planning and project development
- Support, provide and conduct presentations to planning commissions, zoning boards, and housing and community development agencies
- Site considerations
- Facilitating and assembling the development team
- Determining market feasibility
- Floor plan selection and pricing
- Project financing plans
- Construction management
Counseling & Education
With experience as certified housing counselors, Next Step’s staff can provide a train-the-trainer curriculum for counseling clients who want to purchase a factory-built home:
- Assist in integrating factory-built housing into current programs
- Provide optional on-site manufactured housing training for counseling staff
- Provide educational webinars that introduce practical tools and resources for use when engaging clients
- Access to online toolbox including manufactured housing collateral, consumer guide, counselor guide and TotalHome+ Calculator
- Monthly check-in calls
- Ongoing support throughout the contract period
MH101 Education & Curriculum
Factory-built housing is often misunderstood as an affordable housing option. Our staff can partner with you to educate key internal and external stakeholders for your organization. We can provide:
- Webinars and in-person trainings
- MH101 toolkits and resources
- Strategic coaching specific to factory-built housing as a new line of business
Neighborhood Partnership Housing Services (NPHS)